I thought it was about time that I did an other tutorial as it's been a while since the last one. Layouts can look really good with the text wrapping partly around your photograph or an object and it’s actually not so hard to do. This tutorial will walk you through it hopefully in an easy to understand way.
My text in the tutorial was done really quickly ...and yes...it could have done with a tidy up!! But the principle on how to do it is here and I know you will all be a lot more tidy than I was, lol!!
So let's get started.I'm going to show you on a basic background with a photo. It makes it simpler for you to see what I'm doing.
1. Open the background and photo you want to use on your layout. Position the photo where you want it and then we are ready to start the tutorial.
2. Select the Rectangle Tool from your side tool bar.
Make sure that you have the Paths icon selected in the top tool bar and the Add to Path icon too.
3. With the photo layer as the active layer drag out a rectangle to include all or part of the photo plus the area that you want the text to appear in. Have a look at mine below to understand what I mean. The rectangle I have drawn covers part of the photo and part of the background.
4. With the rectangle tool still selected we need to make a change in the top tool bar. Click the Subtract from Path icon, this means that we can now take the photo part out of the selection we just made.
Now drag out a rectangle to cover the area of the photo that is inside the rectangle. I always include a little of the background too as I like a small border around the photo with no text.
5. Select the Type Tool from the side tool bar.
Pick the font, size and colour you want to use for your journaling then click in the top left of the rectangle, where you want the text to start. Type in your text and it will fit around your photo.
When you’ve finished and have the text how you want it, press the Move Tool to get rid of the Type Tool and then press CTRL+H. This will hide the path and you will see the finished result.
If you want to download the tutorial as a PDF File you can find it here.