Pages

Tuesday 3 February 2009

Last Part!!

Hi All! I have spent today trying to get my car to go..like me it has decided that it doesn't like the snow and ice!! I started off digging the poor thing out..it was covered in snow. I had parked it next to my neighbours and for one awful moment I thought I was digging out the wrong one as they are a similar colour.

But no, it was my little cutsie under all that white stuff. She was a sorry state, icy, snowie and very cold! Yesterday she started on the first turn of the key but today she gave a pathetic splutter and died. By this time she was not the only one that had almost terminal cold...my hands were white..even with gloves on..and wet! My feet..even in boots were tingling, so I decided to adjourn to the kitchen and a warm cup of tea..and a quick call to the RAC, lol!!

The bad news is they have an other weather warning out for more heavy snow on Thursday/Friday!!! Eeek...take it back...I don't need any more!!

I didn't take a photo of my car as I was too busy scraping and digging, but I have one of the garden that I had taken earlier. It looks lovely..if you only have to look at it!!

snow_garden1

And here's one of the man himself...I told him not to eat the snow...but would he listen..no!! I had cleared the paths yesterday but today I had to do it again. As I was clearing them..yet again..Charlie decided to help and eat them clear!!! Needless to say I had more success than he had...but he had fun, despite a cold tongue.

charlie_snow

OK, enough idle chatter!! Today is the last of the Element Packs in the Colour Basic Kit and it's slightly different from the others...this one was made with boys in mind..no bows or flower. This should please Bettina as she made a fantastic January Screen Saver Page using a photo of her grandson and of the papers form the Colour Basics Kit....but she would really have liked some boy stuff in the kit.

DomFebScreensaver_bettine

It is a great page and what a wonderful photo! I love the layout and the hearts are a clever touch, they set it off to perfection...beautiful!! Thank you for sharing it.

So Bettina these are for you...well, and the rest of you too, lol!! Have a look and see what you think.

 

 

jsch_element9_folder

You can download the last of the Element Packs here

That's it for today, it's evening now in my corner of the world..a dark and icy one too. So, stay warm or cold...depends where you are, lol!! See you tomorrow and there could be a little something for you!!

 

26 comments:

tajicat said...

Brrr it looks like it sure it cold there, no wonder you had car problems! Charlie is a cutie! Thanks for the cute elements! :)

suruha said...

I love those balloons! Cool. Thank you, ma'm. Stay inside and keep warm.

Michele said...

I love the hot air balloons! So cute!! Thanks! Hope your car starts working soon, be careful out there though!

TragedyScrapinAnne said...

Fricking awesome elements hun, the whole kit rocks with wonderful
colors. Ahhh Charlie too cute out in the snow, just like my furbabies.

OHHHH did you get your award I gave you 2 days ago and there is a photo challenge for you to....work work work....

Big muahs, Kat and many many thanks.

Jaye said...

Thank you June, these are cool!!

Carole N. said...

Thank you, June, (and Bettina...LOL) for the wonderful new elements. LOVE them.

We have had only a light snow. Today it was 60 in SW Kansas. So weird for this time of year. We really need some moisture for the crops.

Loved you photo share.

Hugs!

Polly said...

The snow on the trees in your garden is so pretty. Poor charlie looks bewildered by it all. Thanks for the elements. Lovely as always!

HarleyGirl said...

just downloaded Color Basics and totally love it. I enjoyed reading about Charlie's antics too. I have 4 dogs and a cat. I gotta tell you the cat makes more mischief than all 4 dogs...lol

Kessa said...

Hi June, oh boy it does look cold. I bet Charlie is really have fun.

I wonder what our dogs would do in snow. Mine hasn't ever been to the beach even though we don't live that far from the ocean but mum's who I now babysit full-time has often been in the waves. Mum and I are going to take them in the next month so it will be interesting to see Shadow - she loves the water but has never had it actually chase her - hehe.

Thank you today for these gorgeous elements. I feel so spoilt with all the lovely things you are always sharing.

Big Hugs, Keryn

Vana63 said...

You are absolutly right, Snow is only good if you dont have to go anywhere, hehehe. Thanx for popping by my blog and checkin' out my pics. WhaHoo, you got a good one of Charlie standing still :-)

Thanx for the boy elements, luv the balloons!

Swapna said...

wow.. funny for such harsh weather, everything looks extra beautiful... hmmm..looks CAN be deceiving...

Ranran said...

Hey, nice site! I'm kinda a newbie in this blogging stuff and i'll appreciate it if you drop by my site and/or leave a comment. I really enjoyed reading your posts. ;-)

I can also have your blog URL linked to my site is you want so to increase your blog traffic.

I have also dropped you an E-Card, by the way. ;-)

Cheers from the Philippines!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for part3!

Pattycakes said...

I just love this!! Thank you! :)

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Good morning June!!!!!!!!!
It snowed here too!!!!!!!!!
I'm ready for spring BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!! LOL
TY so very much for the finally MARVELOUS DL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STAY WARM & DRY!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photographs. Wish I took them...I LOVE snow!!!

~Lily

sdwrdt said...

thank you! Those balloons are great!

Jo Hoffacker said...

Aw, what a sweet little puppy!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!lizedn

janieinMN said...

June -- i've really enjoyed your Color Basics series. thanks SO much for sharing!!!

The Deming Four said...

I'm so excited to use this freebie! My husband and I took a hot air balloon ride in Az on a vacation once - we have some great pics from it! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, just love it! Thanks for sharing your talent with the digital scrap world!

Crystal Raen said...

Thanks for sharing the pics! Is there anywhere that it ISN'T snowing? It is even snowing in my neck of the woods, 2nd one this year, which is very odd considering before this year the last snow was over 5 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got lots of snow!! Drive carefully on those slippery roads.

Thanks for another set of wonderful elements.

Karla said...

Your garden is indeed very beautiful! I would be happy to take a bit of the snow off you hands, but it would melt here in our dry, warm central Texas. We would be glad of ANY sort of precipitation here! The photo of Charlie is so cute.

Thank you for the sweet kit. I like those balloons!

Esther said...

Oh hot air ballons I love hot air ballons !!