Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2009

That Elusive Routine!!

This week has been life as usual for me.....sort of organised chaos!! I am desperately trying to get back on schedule and get some sort of routine going again....but you know how life is....the more you try to organise, the worse the chaos gets!

This week has been granddaughter week, I had to do some stuff for Emma on Monday and then Tuesday was Cheryl...but now the worst bit.....my poor daughter had such a fright when Lilly took sick at the beginning of the week. She developed a temperature which climbed rapidly and then she started fitting. Luckily for Lilly she has a very sensible mum, who got her to the hospital really quickly.

It turns out she has a severe middle ear infection and the high temperature made her fit. The poor little mite went down like a ton of bricks and from being OK she was really sick within a few short hours. The good news is that she came home yesterday evening with medication and is hopefully going to get well just as quickly as she got sick.

In the hospital she was so distressed and swung from screaming (with the pain I would imagine) to clinging onto her mum and softly singing in her own little language to her mummy. Lilly loves music and dancing and even when she's tired she sings. I must admit I found it really touching that when she was so sick she took comfort in twiddling mum's buttons and singing. She stayed awake for more than 24 hours and after that only napped in her mum's arms, lying down seemed to make her pain worse and so she didn't want to do it. Mother and daughter were both exhausted by last night!!

But today is looking brighter, she's home and she slept last night in short bursts. This morning she was up and about, her eating and drinking are still a problem and she is far from happy...but she is so much better and with the medication will hopefully be back to her old self soon. She and her mum are staying with us for a couple of days to give them both a rest...especially Charlotte!!!

Now, more about my "new routine" I'm going try to blog everyday with some chat, I always have so much to say, lol. Not all posts will have freebies...just boring old me. Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be freebie days!!! Monday and Wednesday's freebies will be personal use and Friday will be personal and commercial use. Now I just have to get organised on it!!!

I'm starting my attempt with a personal use freebie because it's Wednesday...it is Wednesday isn't it...I'm not confused again am I? Lol! Today is a page kit called "Its Almost Easter", with chicks and eggs!!

jsch_almost_easter_folder

You can download it here

Well, I'm off to hopefully get Lilly settled down for a while. See you all tomorrow.

23 comments:

Cindyrelly said...

I just got back from Naples and swung by your blog... :( Poor Lilly, I hope she feels better soon. I know what a PAIN those can be since we have been round and round with my now 3 year old grandson. Thanks for the Easter goodies and I will be emailing you shortly :)

eilajean said...

The dreaded ear infection - OH how I remember those from my childhood... Few things hurt as much when you are little. I hope she is up and feeling better soon. Thank you for the easter mini kit - it is adorable - and so soothing at the same time. Your work usually is!

Have a great day.

eila

Vana63 said...

Little ones go down so quick dont they :-( But they also heal quickly so hopefully she is still on the upswing and feeling better. Organized Chaos...unfortunatly thats something I so can relate too! Do what I do and just keep telling yourself that someday we'll miss this, ggg

Thanx4Sharing your time and talent!!!

Janarae said...

Hope your GD is feeling better soon. That is no fun :( good luck. Thanks for brightening my day!

Unknown said...

LOVE this hun...thanks so much now I have something new to scrap with...I been in a scrapping mood.....I hope you get better soon....xoxoxo

Esther said...

Poor little mite I used to have ear infections a lot at her age but never quite that bad. I hope she gets better rapidly. Her singing is so sweet.

Michele said...

Cute, cute ,cute. Love the frame!!

So sorry to hear of the little one's sickness. So sad when the little ones get it.

Polly said...

Poor little Lilly and poor mum and grandmum! It is usually as hard on us as the little ones because we hurt when they do. So glad she is better. It must have given you quite a scare. Glad too that it's Wednesday and am already looking forward to Monday,s goodie. Thanks and hugs.

Kessa said...

Pleased to hear that Lilly is on the mend. Ear infections are terrible because they come on so quickly.

Our family has always lived in organised and not so organised chaos when Phil was little especially when we were running a farm and produce store. The only routine I had was no routine - lol.

Thanks for today's lovely kit. I don't know how you find the time for designing as well.

Hugs, Keryn

LindaJD said...

Thanks so much June, this is so cute! Hope the little one and Charlotte get some relief soon, you take care too!
Hugs - Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope Lilly, her Mum and you!! feel better soon! Thank you for the cute easter mini!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning June!!!!!!!!
Hope that Miss Lilly is feeling much better today!!!!!!
I know how bad the ear infections can be My oldest Derrick use to get them alot than they put in tubes & it helped but he finally outgrew them & has had no trouble since!!!!!!!
TY so very much for this ADORABLE mini Easter is only 2 weeks away from Sunday!!!!!!!!!
HUGE HUGS & PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makeyesup said...

Sure hope Lilly is feeling better real soon. Ear infections can be so painful for little ones. Also hope that this isn't going to be a common problem with her each time she gets a cold. Thanks for the Easter kit, it's very cute. And please don't get organized, I'm not and it makes me feel good when I hear others aren't either.

na said...

Thank you so much! I just figured out how to do some of this and love it! BTW I grabbed your button so that I can get here more often now that I am not on EC.

Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

thanks a bunch...so cute

Petula said...

I really like your blog! Thanks for coming by and dropping on me AND for advertising on my Entrecard widget. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jackie said...

Oh my oldest was almost suffering from terrible ear infections.

It's so sad to see the little ones suffer so much. There's nothing quite as painful as an ear infection and/or a tooth ache.

I am glad to hear she is doing better.

Hopefully I am fixed now. So I am rushing through to get some drops done finally.

Thanks so much June for hanging in there with me while I was down.
Jackie:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Kit(s) post on Mar. 26, 2009. Thanks again.

Carole N. said...

I am sorry to hear sweet little Lilly has an ear infection and hope it's better soon.

Our granddaughter used to have bad ear infections and had her tonsils out at 2 1/2 yrs. old which helped, but we later learned she had some permanent hearing loss from the infections. We were shocked. She was always taken to the Dr. for meds when ill. I guess there was no avoiding it.

I love the cute kit you are sharing. I am getting to where I love the smaller kits. All you really need is just enough to do a layout. LOL

Thanks so much and hope Lilly is better soon.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the lovely Easter kit!

Hope everyone is feeling better! It is so worrisome when little ones are sick.

Tiffany said...

Super cute! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the easter kit. Dank je wel.
Anne-Marie

amsangel said...

It's been a few days since this post so I'm hoping Lilly is on-the-mend. Hope you're all having a good, restful weekend. Truthfully, this kit is not my normal color choice, but the LO's you've shown are absolutely fabulous and show it off very well! Thanks for sharing!

BTW - your cake story makes me very afraid to make anything but a storebought mix. My MIL once made a cake that tasted like soap...