Pages

Monday 27 April 2009

Brain Freeze and Crazy Dots!!

jsch_crazydots_folder

The brain freeze is mine...the crazy dots are the result of my doodling.

Too much thinking is bad for me, it's given me brain freeze!!! It's a bit like eating real, really cold ice cream, your brain hurts!! I've been trying to workout installing WordPress and using it as CMS. Not that I'm doing it, Cindy Reilly is patiently putting up with me and my constant indecision. First one thing and then the next, the idea being that I setup a website with a gallery etc.

I have done a website for my Family History work using DreamWeaver but it was a while ago and I'm struggling to get back into things. Today was my worst day yet, reading too much, swaying one way and then the other until my little brain was doing triple flips!!! Warning...brain freeze!! So, I have stopped reading for now..tomorrow is an other day.

The news from our house is that Charlie is back in disgrace. He has naughty down to a fine art and he adds to his talents in this field all the time.....unfortunately!! Over the weekend he was all leaded up for his walk, sitting at the door quite excited, but then again dogs always are when a walk is in the offing. DH got him to sit, opened the door....and Charlie put his now famous Houdini move into action and DH was left with a lead...no dog....just a limp lead.

Well, the yell told me something was not quite right...to put it mildly. So, it was all hands to action stations. My son did not appreciate being hauled out of the shower...yet again!! Charlie always seems to escape when Chris is in playing water babies.

It was an other chase me Charlie...literally!! Eventually, after many a heart in mouth moment, the rogue was caught and brought home. Was he sorry ....or even a little ashamed? Not a vague chance!!! His tail was wagging, eyes bright and he was bouncing!! I swear that dog is going in shackles or my hair will turn gray!!

I am happy to say that Lilly is doing well, no further problems with her walking. She came to see us last week and she and Charlie were as buddy buddy as usual.,Or I should say she and "Cha" (her name for Charlie) were buddy buddy. He really is great with her but Lilly always wants to share everything with him...which can be a problem!!

Lilly was bathed and ready for bed and she wanted to give a dog biscuit to Charlie before she went to bed.

 

 

lilly-and-bisctin

One for Charlie before I go to bed.

We didn't anticipate that her curiosity would get the better of her.  She just had to try the new dog biscuits before Charlie did. All went well as she took the biscuit from the tin....then she wandered in the opposite direct to Charlie. The mouth opened ....and in it went, her mouth not his!! There was a little bit sticking out...just!! I grab the camera as her mum grabbed for her....she little madam just strolled over biscuit in mouth!! I know, trust me to go for the camera..but her mum was moving in Lilly's direction, so it was OK.

 

lilly-and-biscuit

Look at me...I've got a biscuit.

After we had extracted the offending biscuit both she and Charlie looked with pleading eyes asking for an other biscuit...the cheeky pair!!

lilly-and-charlie-biscuit

Please..just one!!! We'll be good!! (Those two good...not a chance!)

And still with the photographs, I thought you might like this one of the first wall flower in my garden, a touch of brightness, struggling through a sea of green.

wall-flower

Now, the Crazy Dots Paper Pack. I drew some doodles and ended up using them for a pattern which I thought I'd share with you.

jsch_crazydots_folder

You can download them at 4shared here

or at Media Fire here

Have a great evening and hopefully next time I post my brain will be "unfrozen"!!

26 comments:

tajicat said...

Oh no, that Charlie sure is a character! Love the photos of Lilly and the story, too cute! I had to laugh at the brain freeze remark, it sounds like the perfect name for those moments!Thanks so much for the cute papers. The link in the email didn't work, the first one, but the one below with your siggy did. Also the link for the papers went to a page with 4 items. I only grabbed the dot paper. Thanks so much! :)

goodtexan said...

Looooovve those papers and they made Ikea Goddess I just saw them there. Love your blog dear, and Lilly, aw well, can I have her?

na said...

That is so funny and it is a good thing that you went for the camera...that way we could see it!

suruha said...

These papers are really cool! I love the hand-painted look. Thank you, June.

I want to take a minute to thank you for the comments you have left me. I didn't have my notification on and only knew of one. LOL So, I got smart and set up notice and found more comments.

Your house sounds like a fun, warm place to be. A laugh a minute, too, but, hey, isn't that what a family is all about? If you take life too seriously, it isn't any fun.

Bless you.

Su

Mrs E of Scrappy Freebies said...

thanks for sharing! :)

eilajean said...

Oh how your stories give such a cause to chuckle - dogs and babies - iti is the stuff belly laughs are made of. It amazes me how a 20 pound child can hold the heart of an 80 pound creature in their hands. Too sweet, and funny.

Morgan (back when we lived in a neighborhood) had figured out how to open the fence by popping the lever up... so we put hooks on them... then he figured out how to stick his snout in there to loosen it, and would pop the fence open. He was adopted from a shelter, and they say those dogs try to take off for the first 6 months to a year... an he did. But when he figured out that hubby wrrked in a place during the summer where there was a creek to play in and woods to play in... and we had a cabin on a lake... he decided he would stay and has been one of the best behaved dogs ever. Max, on the other hand is still learning. BUt I think they both know how really good they've got it...

Thanks for the papers, but more than that, thanks for the wonderful laugh to end my day!!!

Have a straight up wonderful day!!!

eila

Michele said...

ROFL!!! Love the biscuit in the mouth tooooooo funny! Eh, it wouldn't have killed her if she did eat it, so why not take a pic?! lol :-) WTG Scrapping grandma! lol Thanks for the cute paper too!

ccynden said...

I loved the story, and absolutely loved the Crazy Dots, thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 27 Apr [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 28 Apr [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Kessa said...

Hehe - what are you going to do with that dog. Thank you for todays blog - I look forward to the exploits of Charlie and Lilly. Don't think that is the first time a child has shared the dog food not will it be the last I would imagine - lol. Poor child - you really must feed her more. The photos really tell the story though - love the look on Charlie's face.

Thanks so much for these dotty papers. Hugs, Keryn

Vera said...

What a story, and good capture of ms lilly with the biscuit in her tiny little cute mouth! haha :) thanks for the papers!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, bright & fun! Thank you!

Arlene said...

Ohhh she is so cute. So loving of her to taste the biscuit first before giving it to "Cha" They are quite a cute pair. :)

Happy Tuesday!

Yvette said...

I am so glad to read that Lilly is doing fine. What cute pics of Lilly and Charlie. Have a wonderful day. Thank you for the lovely papers.

Unknown said...

Charlie and Lilly are quite an adorable pair!

Pauline(UK) said...

I love those dots! We have had our wallflowers out for a few weeks in the 'frozen North' - hope you enjoy yours in your garden, mine are the same colour.
Thank you for the papers

Gee said...

poor lilly... but my! she's so cute! :)

Lauralee said...

Thank you June, and you keep blogging your own way...I must admit I spent a great deal of time on your blog last night when I should have been hunting for CU Freebies....but I couldn't help myself...your like Erma Bombeck....keep sharing. I have a hard time getting personal on my blog that is why it is just posts of freebies. I am also having a time of trying to keep up with the new freebie search engines.....I do it all by hand.....Don't know if you know but I had my 7th heart attack in Feb and Shannon had one on Easter...we both have stints she had one and I have two.....our health is not the best and really hard to find good free help these days LOL

Joan said...

Thanks for another round of laughs. Love your Charlie and Lilly stories. And, of course, thank you for your lovely crazy dots gift.

smiekeltje said...

Hello June
You have been tagged on my blog. Hope you can find time to take a look!
Haha, Charlie is funny!! And adorable!
Hope your brain will work fine again, LOL
Greetings
Kyra

Susie2shoes said...

Such lovely papers June, I think they will be lovely to print our for a present I have to wrap up. Thank You. Good to hear Lily is on the mend, sorry to hear that Charlie is being a pain. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Hugs
Susie
x

Glynis Peters said...

LOL, dog biscuit face :))
Glad Lilly is doing ok now.
I know all about brain freeze :0
New Scribbles has an award for you, no rush, it took me ages to put it up on mine :)

Lauren said...

I love the crazy dot paper!

And I have an award for you!

http://bettymaeartistry.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-award.html

Amberpony Creates said...

Oh My Gosh those are the Cutiest Photos!!! You have such Great Subjects LOL!!!!
The Flower is Beautiful also

Michele said...

I'm so glad all is well with Miss Lily! She and Charlie sound like they can be a handful when they're together. She is adorable!

Michele

Anne said...

Thank you so much for the nice papers, they are so nice.