Pages

Friday 17 April 2009

What a Week and Don't Forget the Friday Freebie

This has been a long week full of surprises, not all of them good. One of the not so good was Lilly had to go back into hospital overnight. She needed some tests done as she was unable to walk for a couple of days. On Tuesday she suddenly had problems with her walking, one of her legs kept collapsing and she just kept falling over. She was sent to hospital and they ran some tests to try to find out what the problem was.

Lilly being Lilly she let them take blood and things and even laughed for the nurse. She had an ultra sound of her hip and was really interested in watching the  funny "TV". The strange thing was she had no fever, nor did she seem ill....she just couldn't walk. She looked so puzzled when she kept falling over.......she must have wondered what was happening.

Was allowed home late on Wednesday and by last night she was walking again...how strange is that? So we have to wait until next week when all the tests are back...hopefully it is a one off event!! But it is really worrying her mum and dad as to what could have caused it and if it will happen again.

Charlie has been an average naughty pup..nothing ultra bad...thank goodness!! But I am sure that he will come up with something new...he never stays "good" for long!! So watch this space!!

My head has felt a little like it was filled with cotton wool this week...do you ever get that? Thinking is happening, but slower than usual....I need to blow those cotton cobwebs away and get a clear head...perhaps the hair dryer in my ear would work, on cool of course!! But you know what they say laughter is the best medicine for anything that ails you and so I think I just need a good giggling session to clear the air and release the tension. Was it Victor Hugo said that "laughter is the sun that drives Winter from the face"...whoever said it...they are right!!

Perhaps a girlie night in and a few face packs will do the trick..it certainly gets me giggling to watch the others. That why my mask never seems to work..I laugh too much and crack it before I'm cooked!!

The weather is cold and wet, so this evening I grab my cosy socks and jumper again. I think Spring is temporarily on hold for a few days. Lets hope it comes back soon before I freeze. There is nothing so comforting as being warm and cosy, it makes you feel safe sheltered. I can remember as a child on those dark Winter evenings curling up by the fire and toasting bread and my toes...mmmm, gorgeous! Great for toast...bad for getting chilblains but so comforting!!

Now to this Fridays Commercial Use OK gift. It is two overlays to help add some texture to your paper making...plus there are some sample papers in a separate download to give you an idea of what they can do. I hope that someone can find a use for them.

 

 

jsch_grungeoverlays_folder

You can download the overlays here

or here from Media Fire

jsch_examplepap_folder

You can download the example papers here

or here from Media Fire

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy yourselves!!

33 comments:

Joan said...

I surely hope that sweet little "Miss Lilly" doesn't have any more problems and gets good test results. Thank you so much for the gift.

Yvette said...

I will be sending out healing vibes to help Lilly. Hopefully everything will be OK. Laughter does help to even out the tough time. Thank you for the great overlays.

Michelle said...

I hope Miss Lilly is better soon and the test results are good. Thanks for the great overlays!

Judy said...

Awwww poor Miss Lilly.....I hope that her results come back negative, but then you really want a reason for why she couldn't walk.
Hope it all works out.
Love the overlays, thankyou.

Ann said...

Best wishes to Lilly and hoping for good news from the test results.
Great overlays, I love the grunge look

Anonymous said...

Fingers and toes crossed for Miss Lilly!

Thank You for the beautiful overlays and example papers!

Amberpony Creates said...

Glad Lily is better Now!
Thanks for the Overlays they will come in handy for a make a kit challenge. ;0)

tajicat said...

I hope all comes out well for Lilly! It sounds like you have had a full week! We've had lots of rain today, but at least it was fairly warm, it is the spring rains for sure. I hope it warms up soon for you. Thanks for the overlays! :)

Designed by K said...

Will keep Ms Lilly in my prayers, I know that you all are searching for an answer for what may have caused it in the first place; glad to hear though she is feeling better..please keep us posted :)..if I could I'd send you our Spring here..hopefully it will begin to warm up there for you soon. Thank you so much for the lovely overlays..they are going to work perfect in the kit I'm working on now..xoxo K

Kessa said...

Oh June, what a worrying time for you and Lilly's mum & dad. So pleased that she is walking again and am praying that all the results are negative.

Girl's night are just the best tonic aren't they. I would have the same problem as you with a face mask as too much laughing always goes on when my friends get together.

Will make a note that we have to have a BBQ and a girls night if you get to visit Oz.

Hugs, Keryn

Kessa said...

Oops - almost forgot - thanks so much for the wonderful overlays.

M u s s said...

Thank you lots!

Van said...

Do hope Lilly's tests show everything is OK! Thank you so much for taking the time to share these great gifts!

Glynis Peters said...

Oh I hope Lilly gets on ok and it is just a little virus that caused it.
You take care x

Ellay said...

Hope Lilly's tests come out okay! And, if Charlie's bad I hope you can get some photos of him in action!LOL!
thanks for the overlays!

makeyesup said...

Sure hope little Lilly is just fine, will keep her in my prayers. Thanks for the papers and the overlays, see you in a week as I am off on vacation.

VJ's Scrap Room said...

How very strange..not to be able to walk like that...and children that young can't tell you what is wrong with them.:( My prayers are with her and with the family too.Hope you get good test results!
Thanks you so much for the wonderful grunge overlays and papers.:)

Hugs,
Valinda

TerriM said...

Thanks for sharing both sample papers and the overlay's. Gosh, I hope Lilly will be okay. It is so strange that would happen with no other symptoms. Glad she's walking again though. We'll keep the prayers going. Hugs -- xoxo1 (terri - hawaii)

Faye Hadfield said...

thank you - hope Lilly will be ok!

Mélisandre said...

Thank you! :) Your freebie has been advertised on "Le jardin de Mélisandre : Le paradis des freebies en CU".

Anonymous said...

great overlays, thank you

Phyldar said...

Love these awesome overlays - thanks so much for sharing them!

Anonymous said...

Saying prayers for Miss Lilly.

Thank you for the fabulous overlays and papers!

Sue said...

Thank you very much for these fun overlays and sample papers! :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Lilly. She will be fine, I just know it!
As far as your cold weather - you know you can come and visit me here is South Florida. It's gorgeous! Anytime Friend!
Great overlays. You know I love love love papers of any kind, expecially from you! TY :)

sdwrdt said...

Hope things get figured out with Lilly! Our Ashley had some problems and the wait-and-see if it'll happen again is the worst!

butterflygypsy said...

thank you for the freebies.
hope next week is better for you.

Unknown said...

very cool overlays. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hope the news from Miss Lilly's test comes back good, and that she doesn't have anymore problems. Yes they say laughter is the best medicine, it helps me to forget some of my problems for a while to have a good laughing/giggling fest. Thanks for the AWESOME overlays. They are great!

eilajean said...

Oh June, I am so sorry to hear about Lilly. I hope the test show nothing. Few things are as frightening as a child not feeling well. Perhaps it is something as simple as her balance being off because of her ears. Didn't she have an ear infection recently. Either way, I hope it sorts itself out.

Thank you for your generous gift. I am sure I can put them to use.

I hope Spring finds you soon - We have not had to do a fire in the wood stove for 2 whole days - could it be that Spring has finally sprung?!

Big hugs, an prayers for Miss Lilly!

eila

Susie2shoes said...

Hi June

I just popped by to see how you're doing. I really hope Lily is okay and that it is just a silly glitch. Lonnie used to fall over and couldn't keep her balance and it turned out she got dizzy through ear infections. As she got older she was able to tell me. She would ask who was turning the world round? So I really hope it's something as simple as that.

The sun's is now out so I hope it's surrounding you and your lovely family and Charlie with warmth.

Hugs
Sue

Lauralee said...

Thank you! You will be featured on the CU Freebies Only On Tuesday April 28th 2009. Your Place to find Commercial Use Scrap Booking Freebies! Thanks For Sharing your Time and Talent with us!.

Michele said...

Thank you for the overlays!
I hope all went well with Miss Lily's tests. I need to read ahead and see if you've added any about them. The stange thing is, the same thing happened to my 4yo last august! He woke up one morning and couldn't walk at all, he kept saying that it hurt. We didn't have any problems again until last week, when he started limping again, so they're starting the tests on him now. It's no fun waiting for results to come back.
Prayers and hugs to you and yours!
Michele