Pages

Wednesday 9 April 2008

Papers today, Elements Friday- Country Check

Its paper tonight and elements and a couple of plain papers on Friday for this Country Check Set. So be sure and get both!! I love check, plaids anything like that, almost as much as I love dots!! So I hope you have a place for them in your kit box!! Lots of things to tell you to tonight, mostly about me...boring...I know but some about the cute Lilly! I love that girl to bits!!
You can download the Country Check Paper Pack here

Last night was chat night at SDK and I had a great time. The theme was elements, which ones we liked and those we hate!! Personally when I shop I always look at elements and see how much "mileage" I can get from them. Yes, you can recolour them if you want to use an element with a different kit, (having said that always check the designers tou to see if its OK)or you can layer different ones for a great cluster effect. Some flowers are great because you can add a button in the centre and change the look. This works especially well with neutral coloured flowers... add a button to the centre that tones with your papers and it all fits! Single frames can be duplicated and used side by side or over each other with a slight angle change and again the look is changed. It pays to think...don't just use elements with the kit you bought them with, they can be interchanged with other kits and papers too. I was surprised to hear that some people keep everything in sets and never mix their kits at all. Me, I'm a thrifty scrapper...get the mileage out of them I say...not only that, but you get some great looks with a little mix and match!!

The first part of the collaboration kit for April is out at Scrappin Digi Kreations. It is gorgeous!! This part is Heralds and the theme is...you guessed it Spring!! Drop by and start collecting this kit now. There are lots more bits to come and it builds into a huge one and its FREE!!!!

Part 1 Scrappin Digi Kreations April Collab Kit start collecting it now

I thought you might like a peek at how our little Lilly is doing. She is 14 weeks old now and bright as a button, quite the little lady! This camera stuff...is sooo boring for a girl!! She started smiling then looked as if to say "Gran..is that not enough?", then just "So boring!". Those looks really amused me. I used the Childhood Garden QP as this set was made for Lilly originally. She is such a happy baby and such a giggler!! Her mum was making her laugh on Saturday and I had to stop her as Lilly was giggling so hard she was almost hysterical...it must be wonderful to be that happy most of the time!! Childhood is so brief, but so wonderful to watch.


Ok, enough of me!! Look at this gorgeous layout that Bettina sent me for this weeks "Gimme Five Challenge". I adore it! The journaling is so well done and the framing is very cleverly done. It draws your eye to the photo of this lovely young lady and her beautiful flowers. A fantastic job Bettina and thank you for sharing it!!

Credits: Bettina used files by: files :1) FEIstuff_rol_orange2) AASPN_adchallenge233) gc-grungy_ss_overlay4) A Victoria_loveframe5) passarinho-04

Kim has a freebie on her blog for you. Despite all her recent trouble she is still giving to others, thank you so much Kim for this!! You can find it here at her blog

OK, you got to the end!! Its time for me to go shopping...food sort!! So if I dont want to go at midnight I had better run. See you Friday when you can snag the elements to go with todays papers. Have a safe time until then!!

4 comments:

Pssequimages said...

June, your little baby is so precious. Thank you for the goodies, and thank you for sharing the cute stories and layouts of that little sweetie pie.

Grannie Hugs

Unknown said...

Awwww what a beauty Lilly is! I just love those expressions :) Love the LO as well! Sorry I didn't make the chat yesterday, Thanks for the great paper pack today. And thanks for posting the link to my freebie as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh pretty! Bright springy colors, those papers are very pretty, thank you! And that layout you did is so adorable! Too cute... those little expressions on her face... and love that kit. Also thank you for sharing Kim's link and Bettina's layout too, I like how she has the circle behind the stroke outline, very clever.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for these FAB BG's cant wait to see the elements!!!!
LOVE the LO's too!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!