Pages

Monday 14 January 2008

Monday Challenge and lots of News

Monday Challenge Thank you Gift

Lots to post today, a new challenge, new CT members, layouts and more news. Busy, busy!

The weather here in England is very good for the moment. Some rain but the temperatures are quite high....not so bad for winter!! I am sure the cold will be back soon but for now I'm making the most of it!! Thanks to the reader who pointed out to me that I had put 2008 on Lilly's layout!! I am I slow or what!! I have changed the original but it's still wrong on the one I posted here. Thanks again for pointing it out, I will get the hang of the change of year yet!

Yep! It's Monday and an other challenge! Thank you so much to all who played along last week and I hope they enjoyed the thank you gift for taking part. There are some more great layouts posted further down be sure and check them out.
The posting thank you this week is Shabby Chic, well it is a touch shabby and I think it's chic!! It has five papers, one with a curled edge. I hope you like them enough to take part!!
Today's challenge is a shape one. The rules are as follows:
1. Make a layout using any kit or size layout but you must include the following :
A circle , a rectangle and a square shapes.
These can be in any form, element, brush stroke or paper shape, as long as all three are there.
2. Send your layout, or link to where it's posted it to me at: june.schutrups@btinternet.com
PLEASE in your email list credits for the designer/s stuff used so that I can post them with the layout. If you've all ready done this and are sending a link to me that's fine if I can see the credits there.
3. Closing date is Sunday (20 January) midnight, after that we'll be on to the next challenge!Everyone who takes part will get the link to the "Shabby Chic" Paper Pack as a thank you for joining in.
It's that simple!!! So join in and play along!

Last week I had so many gorgeous layout sent in from the challenge that I have to post some more and share them.
This is one from Dorys and it is so romantic...it's in French...the language of love they say!
The journaling reads:
Love is a look, a smile, a lover, a child, a family...Love is them. Is that gorgeous or what? I think it is beautiful, as is this layout! I love how Dorys has used the frame for the journaling and that stitched heart so wonderful!! Really fantastic work!! Thank you for sharing it!!

Credits: Kit from erikascrap, Frame Cluster from Lyndsey Jane.

The next one is from Michelle and I love those smiles!! Love is the purpose for living......that's a great one..and one I agree with!! Great flower and I love you choice of frame! An other gorgeous layout with wonderful sentiments. Well done in producing such a little gem!!

Credits: Red Paper from Pamella McNicols at Digitreats
Stitched heart from Kimberley Sheen
Love button from Mooncatcher
Ribbon from Alexandra Brandwein
Love text from Scarletheel

Linda entered the challenge and she has sent me a beautiful tranquil layout showing her husband, using the Love is Paper Pack. It says " Love begins in a moment,Grows over time and lasts for Eternity! What a wonderful quote and the papers go so well with the photo! Great stuff Linda!!! This layout will last too and hold that moment in the photograph in people memory for a long time to come. Beautiful!

Now more news! I have two new girls on my CT! They are both great scrappers and I look forward to working with them and having some fun. I am sure you will see a lot more of their work in future. They are Kim of Kims Scrapping and Linda, (who made the fantastic layout just above ). Kim designs lots of her own stuff and her blog is full of surprises and goodies so take a look! At the moment she has just done a layout with My Flutter Fairies packs which is a little gem! Those babies are so sweet and the layout has managed to include five little angels and their birth dates, which makes a marvellous record of events too !! Nice job Kim!
BUT, heres the bonus, she has also done two QPs for you and posted them on her blog for you to download. So head over there and snag them, don't forget to leave some love too!!!

Kim's QP's for you to download at her blog.

And last but no means least!! The wonderful Tragedy Anne (Kat)!!!! She has done an other great layout...well loads of layouts actually...that girl never sleeps!! The one below is so cute!! This uses the Flutter Fairies too and I love how she used the papers and the scroll! Fantastic layout Kat!! Watch this space for more news about Tragedy Anne and her great stuff...it will be worth your while!!

Credit: Flutter Fairies Paper and Elements Packs from Cens Stuff

Well, I could go on and on (normally do...I know!! Lol!) but I will save some until Wednesday when Part 3 of Spice of Life will be posted...so come back then and don't miss out!!!
Take care and keep cozy!!!!!!! Hugs to all!

4 comments:

LindaJD said...

Whoo whoo!! I feel I have got my name up there in lights!! what an Honour to be joining your CT, I am really looking forward to mucking in....
What a lovely paper pack the challenge gift is!! I have to get my thinking cap on now..
Thanks for everything..:D
Hugs - Linda

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your talents!!

verabear said...

Congratulations to your new CT members! :) The layouts are great. I want to participate in this week's challenge and so I'll be off looking for the elements you want. Hehehe :)

Unknown said...

What great layouts. I've saved this week's challenge in the hopes that I will remember and get it done, LOL.