Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2008

Part 5 - Spice of Life, a little bit of everything!

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for an other part of January's Kit, Spice of Life. This part has a little of everything! It's got torn paper, lace, beads, frame, a cute little card and of course some more bows!! Hope there's something there you like!! Sorry about my preview...really rush job this one!! Lol!! I thought I had done it...until I went to upload it!! Too many thoughts in my head!!
Download Part 5 here

This week my mother returned home after 3 months of staying with us! My stepfather has come out of the hospital and the carers have been arranged to come in and three times a day to nurse him at home. It has been busy organising things and shopping and cooking for them to make sure that all goes smoothly...well as smoothly as possible! But they are both back home now and life will return to it usual abnormal self in my house!! Lol!!


More great layouts today for sharing!! Melanie has done one with her gorgeous little boy, entitled Boys will be Boys!! She has used this as her challenge layout at Mellow Butterfly where I have a Frame Challenge this week. She did a wonderful job on this, it is bright and fun and the colours she has chosen are some of my favourites. There are always so many details in Melanie's layouts, without crowding things...how do you do that?!!! I love how you used the button frame for the journaling...just what was needed for the Frame Challenge!! Fantastic work!!


Credits:Font: Kirsten
Papers and ricrac For the love of clover add-on by Amy Bleser at http://www.digitalfreebies.com/
Blue stitching: ASO Art Deco stitching at http://www.scrapgirls.com/
Wordart blogfreebie by Fryske´s Digiscrapdesigns at http://fryskesdigiscraps.blogspot.com/
Button Frame by Cen´s Stuff at http://www.mellowbutterfly.com/shoppe/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=320
Template by smplgrl for the second half of january tempate challenge at http://www.retrodiva.net/

And how about this one for the Kitchen Challenge? Tracy came up with this stunning layout of her 3 year old making a cake. It looks like he can make cakes better than I can...I am not renowned for my cakes!! I love the frames and how she has used them and that Alpha is so great!! Ideal choice for this one! That's one 3 year old that's having fun!! Really wonderful Tracy. Thank you soo much for sharing it!!

Credits: Kit - Scrappy Expressions, Sugar Cookie Collection Cookie Alpha by Gini

This is an other one I just had to show you!! Magic Eyes by Tracey (Latte Dah) and is the layout she submitted to the Mellow Butterfly Frame Challenge. It is so effective!! Look how she coloured the photograph and then used just the eyes again!! It is stunning! What a wonderful layout!!



Credits: Nano Collection from Scrapgirls; Font-JuiceITC; Folded Frames - Thao Cosgrove

The next one is very aptly names "Sweet Innocence", look at that little face!! Chris has a way of using that white space and getting a truly stunning effect!! The matting really works well here Chris. You should use this one for the Frame Challenge, it's just right as you used the little triple frame for the journaling!! An other winner!!

Credits: Spice of Life and Little Flowers by Cens Stuff
Thank you all for sending in your layouts and sharing your wonderful work and ideas with us!! So often when I see other peoples layout it just kicks off an idea in my head and I am sure I'm not alone on that one.
Well, time to say good bye again but I look forward to seeing you all on Friday. Take care and come back soon!!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Thank you so much for another beautiful addition, I really love the card! Great layouts...love the way Melanie used the button frame for the journaling, the layout of Tracy's son making the cake is too cute, love the way Tracey emphasized her eyes in the small pic and Chris' layout is adorable with great use of the white space and the journaling inside the frames!

LindaJD said...

uatpplblveadfWonderful!! you must have posted this after I left earlie..lol
I love this kit, thanks so much, That lace is devine!

LindaJD said...

lol..I haven't a clue what happened there with the other post! silly me, I think I added the word verification in the wrong place ,hm it's no wonder I had to post 3 times!! hehehe, told you, jet lag!!!!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Will keep you parents in my prayers!!!!
TY so very much for the FAB part 5!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for part 5. This jsut gets better and better. :)

Su said...

Pleased to hear things might get back to abnormal!! Love part 5 and the LOs are brill!!

Anonymous said...

thank you

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!

Cindyrelly said...

Hey Sweetie ;) I FINALLY figured out BUTTONS! Thanks soooo very much for your help. I have some on my blog but I'm not sure why the file is soooo huge except maybe for the papers. Well, gotta run and get in traffic to get my babies from school. Thanks soooo very much for the gorgeous "Spice" kit! BFN

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love every single bit of this kit - and the latest addition is certainly no exception!!! Love that frame!!! And the lace, and beads, and gorgeous papers, and bows, and that wonderful card... wowza. Very beautiful. Thank you ever so much.