Pages

Monday 11 February 2008

Monday Challenge, news and layouts

Monday Challenge Thank You Gift
OK it's Monday and I am feeling a little worse for wear. Nope its not the bad throat I had last week. It's my weekend visitors, or at least I'll blame them! Too little sleep, too much food and drink and now I have that Monday morning feeling. Mind you my sore throat is better...could this be a cure I have discovered. Lol! No, perhaps not! I am normally quite well behaved ,this weekend was definately a rowdy one for me. Blogger has not been treating me gentle either..it has eaten my post three times without even saving the draft!!! Aaah if it eats this one I will give up!!!

This Mondays challenge is an inspirational one!! What, who or where inspires you? To play along you have to make a layout which contains a picture of a person, place or thing that inspires you. They can be an inspiration in any part of your life...not just scrapping! Perhaps someone has inspired you to do something different, or it could be a place that has inspired some wonderful thought, in fact anything!

The rules are simple:


1. Make a layout containing a picture of something that inspires you, a person, place or thing.
2. Include some journaling which explains how this has inspired you.
3. Send an email with your layout or a link to me at june.schutrups@btinternet.com .
Please include credits for any designers, fonts etc.
4. Have your entry in by midnight Sunday 16 February GMT.
You can use any size of layout or colours/kit etc - the choice is yours!
I will send you a link if you play along for the Fun'n Funky Paper Pack. So join in and have some fun!
Before I start on the layouts I want to introduce two ladies who have kindly agree to be part of my CT. I had a couple girls who could no longer do it and so there were some gaps to fill. I have been soooo lucky to find two such able ladies to do just that. Chris and Tracy (Latte Dah) have joined and I am sure that you will be seeing lots of their outstanding work. They both have blogs that are well worth a visit, great layouts, freebies and lots to see.


Tracy can be found at Scrappin a Latte and Chris is at My Favourite Thing for Today. Both these girls have oodles of talent and I am so glad they decided to join us.



Today I have lots of layouts from last weeks challenge and freebies...they are all great!!
However, the first layout deserves a special mention it is from Dorys daughter who is 9 years old. She did this colour challenge layout while mum was doing hers. The result is wonderful and I am sooo impressed with her work!! Have a look! She has done an awesome layout!



Dorys sent in hers too and I love the photos!! I am sure that loads of us agree with her that our dogs are important members of the family. Brilliant layout Dorys!



Credits: made by Dorys

Tracy has made a superb job of this one! True to her blogging name Latte Dah, hers has coffee and her love of it as the theme. Yummy list...could do with a quick Cappuccino now! Fantastic layout Tracy great challenge piece! Love those labels!





The next layout is really beautiful and I feel so honoured. This one was done by my fellow deisgner at Scrappin Digi Kreations, Lorie. She is an awesome designer and so I am honoured that she has sent me a layout she made with the My Own Love freebie. The wonderful photograph is of her mother and father-in-law. It is so romantic and the whole look is so soft and gentle. Thank you Lorie for sharing it, it is truely awesome!



Credits: My Own Love Freebie by Cens Stuff


An other little cutie is Gail's granddaughter, no wonder she was photo of the week! Gail has made a lovely job of this one!






Credits: Decades 1940's by Cens Stuff


Su has excelled herself on this one!! Look at that torn photograph! She has made a fantastic job of this! I love the photocorner in the top, clever use and lots of imagination!

Credits: Decades 1920s by Cens Stuff


Jane has made an other of her superb cards, this one is a get well soon and I am sure that it would cheer anyone up it is so cute! I just love that flying hedgehog!



Credits: Fleur by Cens Stuff and image stamp from Penny Black


Kim has made an other beauty, full of romance and talent! I love her style! Kim has a great chrome alpha as a freebie on her blog so drop by and snag it.





Give Me A Ring template by Terriann Hanks
Fonts used are Tango & ChopinScript


And last but certainly not least is an awesome layout from Melanie. I love the humour in this one...look at that speech bubble. I had to smile!! It is done with Melanies usual flare and imagination and what a great job! She has also got a freebie on her blog...its some wordart this time. So drop by and take a look.



Credits: Go Wild by Cen´s stuff at scrappindigikreations.
Template is by Andrea Gold, Font is chiller.

Well, the end has come...well of this post anyway!! Lol! Drop back on Wednesday for the next in the Decades Series. Its 1950s and Rock and Roll!!! See you then. Take care and have a great day. I got to the end of the post and Blogger has not eaten it!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to be part of your CT. Thanks for the opportunity. The Lo's that people do with your kits are amazing. Your blog so fun and friendly. Glad I found you. :)

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Your allowed to get wild every now & then!!!!
TYFS all these FAB LO's!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!

LindaJD said...

Hi June, I finaly made it in here! Thant paper is Gorgeous!! Woweee I have to give this a go too..
Great to see the others on the CT doing so well and getting your stuff noticed! with some Fabuous layouts...
well gotta dah and open my PE up now..