Pages

Monday 4 February 2008

Monday Challenge

Monday Challenge Thank You Gift

Monday is Challenge day and an other weeks challenge is looming! Thank you to all of you who took part and played along last week. I hope you had fun playing!
This week is a colour challenge. There is nothing too scarey!!

The rules as usual are simple:
Rules:
1. Make a layout using the colour palette above. The layout can be any size or subject you want.
2. Send your layout, or link to where it's posted it to me at: june.schutrups@btinternet.comPLEASE in your email list credits for the designer/s stuff used so that I can post them with the layout. If you've all ready done this and are sending a link to me that's fine if I can see the credits there.3. Closing date is Sunday (9 February) midnight, after that we'll be on to the next challenge!Everyone who takes part will get the link to the thank you gift shown at the top of the post. That's it! Easy! So get scrapping!!

For those who love a challenge I also have a Take Your Pick Challenge running all this month at Scrappin Digi Kreations. Download the "bits" and take your pick. At the end of the month everyone who has posted a layout gets the link to a thank you gift. So check it out!!

An other weekend has gone and I keep telling myself I am one week closer to summer...well spring will do!! I wish!! But it will come..in a while anyway! Patience never was my strong point!
I had a lovely surprise today, my friend of 30 years called. We don't see each other often now as we live quite a way apart but once in while we call each other to catch up. She is coming to visit next weekend and we can have a real girlie catchup!! You know the sort I mean..talk, talk, shop, talk, shop, talk!!It's good therapy!! You spend as much as if you visited a psychiatrist but it lasts longer and it's more fun!!
I had some wonderful layouts again over the last few days for last weeks challenge , they are so good! Thank you ladies for sharing them! The first one is from Cindyrelly and it's of her granddaughter Lillian. Thephoto is of Lillian at 1 week old and she is beautiful, she has so much hair and looks so alert for that age. The colours are great for this layout, it is one to be proud of!! Great lo! Cindy

Credits: Papers, brad and name label from Digitreats
Buttons and Flowers by Cindyrelly
If you like the buttons and flowers on Cindyrelly's lo then drop by her blog...she has them as freebies!! So snagging time!!
I love the next one too. The photo is superb and those girls look adorable! This one is from Vicki and she has done a brilliant job with this template!! I can't believe the talent...an other one where a lot of the items were designed by the scrapper themselves!! These are great and I am sure that anyone would be proud of them and this stunning layout!!

Credits: Text - Minion Pro, Malermeister
Buttons - Karen Aiken
Shape on Top Strip - sks_ornate shapes
Everything else designed and made by Vicki
Layouts are our way of recording our own lives and those nearest to us and this one does just that. Aeryn has scrapped her granddaughter on a swimming trip and she looks so happy...love the smile! It's fantastic! I love this one, the photo and the choice of colours is ideal...adorable!! Aeryn has also got a great freebie on her blog, a kit called Over the Rainbow, drop by and check it out!

Credits: Flutter Fairies from Cens Stuff
Alpha from Blossoms kit by Boo Silva of Boolands Designs
The next one is scarey...lol, it's Iggy the exploring iguana!! This little guy belong to Kat and he wanders around checking things out for her. The layout is brilliant! I love the stitches and the hissy snakes at the bottom! An other masterpiece Kat!! I now have two must haves on my list...Doobie and Iggy!! Lol!

Credits: Go Wild Kit by June aka Cens Stuff at Scrappin Digicreations
Make Me Happy Alphas - by Doodles N Dimples Designs @DC
Sparkilicious Stitches - Kami of Ziggle Designs @DC
The black and white photo in Kim's layout is really effective. She did this lo for a scraplift...it was her first and the colours and word art just add to the sentiment. A wonder piece of work Kim!!

Credits....Kit used is 'Spice Of Life' by June Schutrups - Cen's Stuff
FaithHopeLove Template by Tracy Drane
Fonts used are...GaramondBoldItalic (for the writing on the frame)FrancineHmk (for the date on the tag)
Oh before I forget, Kim has a Crushed Velvet Papers freebie on her blog! Take a look and leave her some love if you snag them!
I can always rely on my friend Su, she always makes me smile and today is no exception!! She has done a wonderful layout using Friday's freebie, My Own Love...but Su being Su, there's a twist!! Just check out the photo of those little cherubs!! Can you imagine how much noise they would make if they were all together!! Great work how you used the lace to link the frames! I love it Su and thank you for the adorable layout and the smile!!! Great work!!

Credits: My Own Love by Cens Stuff
OK! My typing fingers are tired! Time for me to go. See you all Wednesday when we start a new lot of freebies for February...no clues...its a surprise!! Take care and see you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' these challenges June... mine's up on my blog now :D

LindaJD said...

Hi June, sorry I have been tied up a lot this week with Family stuff :( I did manage to get the Challenge done last night so it will be winging it's way to you in a few mins...when I find it again..lol..I really have to get organised!!
Love all the layouts on your blog, some really talent people drop by here..well done everyone..
Check your mail soon..C Ya :)

Anonymous said...

I did this challenge and it was fun. I never used a color palette and never understood them(or asked) until now. I am learning something new every day. My challenge LO is on my blog. Here is the link to that entry: http://lattedahdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/02/monday-challenge.html#links