Pages

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Where did yesterday go?

 

 jsch_petals_pre

I'm late, I meant to post yesterday but just as I was getting used to yesterday..it was today!!

But I'm here now and yes..I have gardens on the brain!! Lol! I just love flowers and this is the season for so many pretty ones. I always find such a peaceful feeling wandering around in my garden..or anyone else's...checking what little gems have sneaked out since I last looked.So this week I have some little freebies inspired by flowers. On Friday I'll even have a CU freebie too!! Today's freebie is tulips..I just love them..and of course my husband is Dutch, so I thought I would start there. You can add to my Petals tomorrow , soon you'll have a little garden!!

Download Tulip Paper here 

(Sorry..I've corrected the zip file now)

I have one of those minds that collects useless trivia, not anything that is vital or relevant..just trivia!! So I thought I would share an item of trivia with you each day..I am so good to you..not!! Lol!!

OK, so here goes - Today's trivia is:

Did you know that in the 16th century mattresses were secured on the bed frame with ropes..when you pulled the ropes the mattress tightened giving you a nice firm bed. That's where the phrase "Goodnight, sleep tight" comes from.

Now I'll get serious again and show you something which isn't trivial. Jessica's layout is absolutely gorgeous...I love the strips she has used, the effect is really eye catching!! An other lovely page and what a cute photograph too, that foal is beautiful!!

scratchingback

Credits: CT Collab Kit and Cens Thank You Papers.

How are these for brilliant? Kat has done some cute pages with Auntie Frogsut pictures of her her "Baby Girl"..this part of the kit from Chris is just made for these photos...that and Kat's talent makes for two great layouts!!!

frogslut_01a frogslut_02a

Credits: Chris's aka CR Designs part of the Cens Stuff CT Collab Kit

I'm having one of my forgetful day..must be the age, well that's my excuse!! So I'd better post this or it will be tomorrow again!! See you then and take care!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that about just got used to it being today....!
You want to talk about frogs, my daughters swim pool is surrounded by tree frogs (I think)They're light green, small & have the funny toes. Anyway, they serenade anyone in the evening when you try to get in, I heard it the other eve., "That's the frogs! LOUD"
Just wanted to share my frog story.

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful paper. TY :)
Jess's LO is os cute. She has so many great animal pictures. Lucky her. The frogs are hilarious.

Cindyrelly said...

Oh, What a PRETTTY Paper ;) I love the Grid! I tried making that before and it turned out okay but got a little crazy in the middle. Hey, thanks for the "Sleep Tight" Info. ... I always wondered about that :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pretty tulip paper. Love you little tidbit of the day, now where does 'don't let the bedbug bite' come from?

Melanie said...

hey june, as a reall dutchy I love the tulip paper, makes me remember home!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely tulip paper and I so love that photo of the little foal. My DGD has tree frogs and loves them to bits....ugh!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pretty tulip paper!

I really like the layout with the little foal.

Neat trivia - thanks for sharing. I didn't know how that saying came about, makes sense though.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Jul [LA 01:32am, NY 03:32am, UK 08:32am, OZ 06:32pm]).

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning June!!!!!!!
TY so very much for this AWESOME BG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigger said...

Cool trivia! And I knew that one, too. My Grandma actually had two rope beds before they moved into a new house in 1974. I'm loving your trivia. Lots of fun to read!