Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2008

Autumn Leaves..And Lots of Rain!!

jsch_autumn_papers

Hi all, we in Britain, like most of the northern hemisphere are still suffering from too much water...the sky sort I mean. I think I'm going to get webbed feet and a beak!! Today I was so cold and then to add insult to injury I got wet too!!!

I had my coat, umbrella etc but the wind just kept sending the water in all my little unguarded places....I never knew I had so many!!! Result....even my underwear had soggy wet bits!!

OK your thinking, why didn't this lunatic stay in doors? I was bug hunting, of course. Charlotte needs bugs..so I was roped in to find snails and beetles. She was searching Oxford and I was doing the forest. I have to admit the beetle bit isn't really my cup of tea..snails no problem but beetles...they had better be small that's all I can say!! She needs them for her studies and she got her dates wrong and thought she had longer than she had to collect them...so panic!!

I went out armed with my jars..no rain, lots of clouds and wind but not a drop of sky water. Mind you there were no beetles either, lol! I think the beetles knew the rain was coming or they had all died of cold! The wind was more than breezy so I suppose the cold was it's fault.

I walked quite a way from the car and was just thinking of turning back before I blew away when it happened...the sky opened and someone up there threw down the equivalent of several lakes....I didn't know I could run so fast!!

All that and I only had four very small snails...note the I did have...when the rain started I forgot the jar and ran. Luckily for the snails I had opened it and so by now they will be back with their families!! Not the most productive day I've had!!

Now for tonight's freebie. It's some Autumn Papers that I made whilst playing with some brushes, with a couple of plains thrown in. I like them..I hope you do too!! I changed them a bit from last nights sneak peek, now look less flat..or they do to me, lol!

You can download the Autumn Papers here

Well, I'm off to climb into bed and try and get warm!! Yes, I'm still cold!! I must be getting soft in my old age, lol!! So, stay out of the wind and rain...if you can.. and see you soon!

14 comments:

Cra-Z-cat said...

your description of today's happenings just had me laughing my buns off..

so sorry u got all wet and didn't even gather the things u were out and about for!!

tomorrow's another day, maybe the weather will be better.. i'll send u some of my sunshine!!

thanks for the papers..

Cindyrelly said...

Oh, you poor thing :( ... stay warm and dry. Thank You for the papers :)

Kessa said...

Hehe - I don't know what I enjoyed more, the beautiful papers or your descriptive forray into snail & bug hunting. Stay warm & dry today. We are just starting to have beautiful spring days here in Oz. (Hugs)

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Glynis Peters said...

quack quack!You made me laugh, I had visions of you in wellies and scarf :0 Oh what I'd give for a drop of rain overnight...but we do have sun ;)
thanks for the new papers, again when I have sorted out new software I will learn how to use them, but thanks to you I have now got a few more on show. I have got links on Ghunibees Scraps. Thanks my friend and happy paddling, I mean scrapping.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Hope that by today your all warmed up!!!!!!!!!
TY so very much for both AWESOME parts!!!!!!!
HUGE WARM HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Candie said...

Hi kid'o, you've just been given another AWARD! Please see my blog for further instructions. :-)
www.candiescreations.blogspot.com

Mumure said...

If I understand:you take paper,you put it outside under the rain and then...there are leafs on it!!!!
Rain is not so bad ....lol!
Courage!!
thank you for sharing :))

Chris said...

OMG June you are soooooo funny...wish I could have been a fly on a nearby wall. I have tears of laughter dripping down my face now... it could only happen to you!! Hope it didn't take too long for you to dry out.
hugs
Chris xx

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for these papers. They are really, REALLY beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Do they not have like places you can go that sales bugs for certain critters in pet stores over there in england?

Take Care,
Christopher

http://cmarlow480.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful papers!!

Granny1Lew said...

Thanks for the autumn papers. So sorry about the bugs.

Gabrielle said...

Hi June, thanks for the comment on my blog, you are the sweetest blogger I know!
I have a link to your blog and something for you to collect as well as a new freebie.