Pages

Friday 19 September 2008

I'm Stamping Mad!

jsch_stamped_flowers_pre

Today my emphasis in this post is...new. New awards, new ventures, new journeys, new freebie...everything NEW!!! Except me!!

I must admit I could do with a new me...but that will have to wait until someone comes up with something really radical, lol!!

This week the news has been so full of financial matters that affect all of us no matter where we are....it's scary really how quickly things can change. People say it's because we have better communications now, so news good or bad, travels fast...but I'm not so sure that's the full story.

I know that in the late 1800's and into the 1900's we had a wonderful postal system here in England. For example men who worked in London and travelled in from the suburbs by train kept a supply of blank postcards. Why you ask? Because if at lunchtime they thought they may be late home for dinner they just wrote a postcard and dropped it in the mail. The postcard must have had wings because it was delivered to their home by late afternoon, around 4.30pm!! How's that for communication!! They had up to 10 deliveries a day to their houses just for normal mail...imagine that today...my postman would almost become a permanent resident in my house!! Lol!! So, good communication was there at least on a national level. It just shows that progress doesn't always improve something!!

OK...now for my gift to you for today. I have some stamped flowers, commercial use is OK. The preview above shows them unblended, the image below shows them with a blending mode of Colour Burn. The download included the two coloured flowers plus 2 grayscale, light and dark for you to make your own. All the file are in png format. I love stamped things and keep going back and trying to improve my technic...so expect more of this stuff in the future!!

Here are the flowers using Colour Burn Blending Mode, 100% (I didn't alter the opacity for the image, but you can!)...just thought I'd give you a peek at them and how you can play!! I have made them quite large so that they rescale quite easily too.In fact there are lots of things you do with, recolour etc...have fun!!

jsch_stamped_flowers_pre2

You can download the Stamped Flowers here

Some more NEW! I've got to tell you about-  a brand new award and a journey..with a twist!!The first is an award which is the creation of Nezzi (Jessica) and the other is a cute little caterpillar named Gogga, The idea with Gogga is to send him/her around the world by blog hopping. Gogga, is such a cute little thing, how could I resist..I got from Gabrielle, who's in Ireland. I love the logo for this one, those eyes! He reminds me of myself after too long at the PC, lol!!

OK, so first Nezzi's wonderful "Never Ending Energy Award". To find out a bit more about the award and why she made it take a look here.

Neverending_energy_award

Thank you I am really honoured that you added me to your list Jessica. Now I pass it on to three people and here are mine:

Candee of Mermaids Haven - she has so much energy and does so much..and I love her work!!

Kim of Kim's Scrappin - she always has so much to do but always finds time to help and be a good friend.

Sammy D, owner of Scrappin Digi Kreations - she has always shown patience and humour in all my dealings with her..she's a star to put up with my blonde moments, lol! I don't know if Sammy has a blog but I had to add her to this list, she so deserves it!!

Now for Gogga!! He is so cute!!

CoolClips_GOGGA

I choose these three to help him on his trip around the world!!

Melanie of Sweet as Mel as she is in South America

Stella of Stellarific Creations as she is in Australia

Glynis of Ghunibee Scraps as she is in Cyprus

Well, Gogga you really will be tired after all those miles, good job he has so many legs, lol!! I'm tired just adding all the links!!

The next new thing is certainly worth knowing about!It's one of the best new shops that I have noticed recently and it's one with a difference. It doesn't sell kits etc but services!! Doesn't matter if your a hands on digi scrapper or not these girls have something for everyone...they even do it for you!! It's a combination of Tragedy Anne and her co-owner Diana and their services are awesome ...blog design, S4H, designer services and loads more!! They have an opening promotion with 15% off a blog makeover, so if your blog needs a revamp drop by Keepsake Creators and see what they can do for you!! the offer lasts till the end of this month.

DBM15coupon

You've been so patient with my ramblings that you deserve the link for today's freebie! Thank you for bearing with me!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I love Gogga! I love your new stamped aster-flowers!!! Can't wait to use them to decorate something... but really, June, what an interesting post you have today.
Reminds me of when I was a child and we used to get mail twice a day, and even on Saturday! But that is a very old, old memory... I think even before I started school!
I feel totally privileged and honoured that you chose ME to greet Gogga and pass him onto ...someone else, don't know who yet. THANK YOU SO MUCH for these beautiful gifts!
Loves&Hugs
Stella

Esther said...

Your flowers look very pretty. I am very new to this so will have fun trying to learn to change colours etc

Glynis Peters said...

You busy thing you! Our postie and donkey take a week to get up the hill LOL what an interesting read you gave me today. I think Gogga is the cutest and I hope I do him proud and he will be off the exotic places I am sure, thank you for choosing me as one of the lucky ones to set him on his way. Thank you for your generosity.
Gx

Anonymous said...

An entry full of information. Gotta love it. The flowers are awesome. The different ways that you can make them look is amazing too. You definately deserve all the the awards given to you. :)

Unknown said...

What an interesting post, I didn't know that about the mail, can you imagine if that happened like that today? The poor mailmen/women would never finish their day. :) Thank you for the comments about me and the award, it is a beautiful award and I'm honored to have been chosen for this award. Thanks for the beautiful stamped flowers as well, they are fabulous!! Have a great weekend!

Esther said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I have just posted up my first few LO's and realised I used your frame 3 for my first one so please tell me what you think, though do remember I'm rather new at this :)

Chris said...

Congrats on your awards June... you of all people really deserve them!!
Loving the digi stamps...well cool!! Will be off in a mo to grab them... I really am hoping to get some digi stuff done this week:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely flowers. As a new designer, I'm always looking for ways to improve my toolbox. And as a single mother of 4, with a deadbeat ex, I'm in need of cheap ways to do it. I know I'll find many ways to use your wonderful gift.

deliaann said...

Thank you for sharing part of your wonderful world.

tajicat said...

Love the postal story. It can take close to a week for us to receive something mailed in the same town! Thanks so much for the cute flowers stamp! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! These stamped flowers are AWESOME!

Christina said...

Thank you for these!

Anonymous said...

Oh June, what a sweet generous gift this is!!! I will surely post it up tomorrow (I'm fried right now). I'd like to think I am all of those things, but I do have my moments you know....lol.

Thanks you sweet NEW friend!!!

Anonymous said...

This blog is so helpful! Well done and thankyou!

Anonymous said...

those are some really cool insights about our mail system.....
makes one wonder if technology really makes our lives better?
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog! and my daughter is feeling much better!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Morning June!!!!!!
Check out my blog for my GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over The Top Aprons said...

Always such fun to visit your blog and to see what you are up to. Great things, you have been busy, busy!

Michele said...

Thank you for the flowers, they look wonderful! I hope I can use them in the near future...the baby is teething, I'm so lucky as he's getting them all at once, averaging about 1 a week, so unfortunately between that and my other kiddos being sick, I haven't gotten much scrapping done.
Hope you had a great visit with Miss Lily!
Michele

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!

Alison said...

Thank you for these flower stamps there are lovely. :)